After a couple of requests, I added WiX 4.0 support to my Paraffin project, the file harvester, which makes maintaining installer projects a lot easier. As part of this update, I moved the code to Visual Studio 2017 and moved to .NET Framework 4.6.2. I nearly went down the path of making a .NET Core version of the console application, but will save that for another day.
Instead of rehashing the scope and purpose of Paraffin here, head over to your favorite search engine and search “Wintellect Paraffin” and you will find all the links that show how to use it. Also, if you don’t want to mess with compiling the application, head on over to the Releases tab page on the Git Hub project page and you can download the compiled binary along with it’s PDB file.
Thanks so much for using Paraffin! Who knew that a quick sample I wrote to learn about LINQ to XML would grow into a useful utility.