This customer is one of the largest bottlers of Coca-Cola products in the U.S., with over 10,000 employees across the country. The company needed to update their existing Print Shop web application, replicating current functionality using modern technologies and platforms, improving upon it, and adding a mobile capability as well. To achieve this goal, Wintellect worked to accomplish the following:
- Create a customized workflow using Azure Logic Apps.
- Develop a Xamarin.Forms mobile solution that targets Universal Windows Platform (UWP) and Android devices.
- Design a Web app and Web API to support both the Logic App and Mobile app.
The core vision for Print Shop was to support multiple user types and devices while enforcing a workflow that allowed its users to focus on their respective job roles. The new and modernized application utilizes a variety of technologies and Azure services:
- Web application and Web APIs were developed using ASP.NET Core 2 and deployed to Azure App Service Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
- Azure Service Bus for queues.
- Data is stored in an Azure SQL Server instance.
- An Azure Logic App was created to manage the workflow implementation.
- Azure DevOps served as the code repository, work item management system, and the CD/CI pipeline.
- Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates were used to automate and deploy Azure resources and services.
- Azure AD to handle user authentication and management.
- Azure Application Insights captures Web API diagnostics.
- The Xamarin.Forms solution targets both UWP and Android platforms.
- Visual Studio App Center served as the build and release pipeline for the Xamarin solution and was connected to the Azure DevOps code repository.
- Telemetry data is captured by the Xamarin solution and submitted to App Center becoming available as analytic and diagnostic insights into the app.
Figure 1: Requester user initial workspace
The customer required a partner that was an expert at providing the right combination of project guidance and technical expertise in delivering cloud and mobile solutions.
- Wintellect provided project management and guidance with product backlog grooming.
- Wintellect is a Microsoft Gold Cloud, DevOps, and Data Platform partner.
- Wintellect is a Xamarin Premier Consulting Partner.
- Wintellect is a recognized leader in software architecture and implementation on the web, mobile, and Azure cloud platforms.
The solution’s workflow and the mobile app were developed in parallel to ensure a shortened feedback loop and to meet project deadlines. Print Shop successfully combined a variety of different technologies and services to build a single cohesive solution that delivered on the customer’s vision and provided the flexibility needed for the future.