Advanced SQL Azure is a 4-day instructor-led course. This class is an in-depth look at SQL Azure, the database cloud offering in Windows Azure. Learn the basics around server and database provisioning, valid Azure TSQL, and how security is implemented and managed. Advanced topics include: partitioning with sharding, database design optimization, backup and synchronization via Synchronization Framework and Azure Data Sync, and migrating various database scenarios to SQL Azure.
Key Learning Areas
- Learn to design high performance cloud-based data storage solutions using SQL Azure.
- Understand SQL Azure security
- Explore how to program, maintain, and optimize your SQL Azure data store.
- Learn how to migrate and synchronize with SQL Azure.
- Learn the basic of SQL Azure Reporting.
- Introduction to SQL Azure
- Azure RDBMS Support
- SQL Azure Security
- Programming SQL Azure
- Maintaining and Optimizing SQL Azure
- Migrating and Synchronizing to SQL Azure
- Business Intelligence with SQL Azure
IT Pros that want to learn to maintain SQL Azure databases and architects that want to learn to leverage SQL Azure in their applications.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Understanding of basic SQL concepts (TSQL and tables)