April 1, 2019 - Update from Microsoft
The AZ-203 track and exam was rolled out as a replacement for the AZ-200 + AZ-201 or AZ-202 exams for earning the Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate certification. This was a move to simplify the process to earning this certifications based on feedback received from customers.
Microsoft Azure Developers design, build, test, and maintain cloud solutions, such as applications and services, partnering with cloud solution architects, cloud DBAs, cloud administrators, and clients to implement these solutions.
The coursework covers:
- Azure architecture, design and connectivity patterns, choosing the right storage solution for your development needs, developing solutions leveraging Azure Storage options including: Cosmos DB, Azure Storage tables, file storage, Blob, relations databases and caching and content delivery networks, creating App Service Web Apps; notification and offline sync for mobile apps; Service Fabric; serverless Azure Functions; managing bulk operations through the Batch Service API; Azure Kubernetes Service; and Azure Media Services, authentication work in Azure, and how to implement secure data solutions with: encryption; Azure Key Vault; and SSL and TLS communications.
- How to ensure you solution meets performance expectations in Azure. It covers asynchronous processing, autoscaling, long-running tasks, and distributed transactions. Additionally, you’ll learn how to leverage Azure Search for textual content, and how to implement instrumentation and logging in your development solution.
- How to integrate and manage APIs by using the API Management service, configure a message-based integration architecture, and develop an application message model.
- How to integrate Azure Cognitive Services, like Computer Vision, QnA Maker, and natural language processing in your solution. You’ll also learn how to create and manage bots using the Bot Framework and Azure portal. The course also covers leveraging Azure Time Series Insights, Stream Analytics and the IoT Hub for your IoT solution.
Key Learning Areas
- Learn common Azure application design and connectivity patterns
- Measuring and planning throughput, and data access structure
- Learn about Azure networking topologies
- Connect to storage in Azure
- Design and implement policies to Tables
- Create, read, update, and delete tables by using code
- Develop for Azure Redis cache and content delivery networks
- Develop solutions that use blob storage
- Create an Azure app service web app by using Azure CLI, Powershell, and other tools
- Create documentation for the API by using open source and other tools
- Add push notifications and enable offline sync for mobile apps
- Develop stateful and stateless apps on Service Fabric
- Create Azure functions including bindings and triggers
- Define and run scheduled bulk operations
- Create an Azure Container Service (ACS/AKS) cluster using Azure CLI and Azure Portal
- Develop media solutions that use AI services
- Learn about the different authentication options, including multi-factor, available in Azure and how they operate
- Learn about implementing access control in your solution including claims- and role-based authorization
- Implement secure data solutions by using encryption, Azure confidential computing, and SSL/TLS communications
- Manage cryptographic keys in Azure Key Vault
This course comes with the following benefits:
- Digital Courseware
- Practice Labs
- 30 Day Azure Pass
- Practice Exam
- Exam Voucher
Required courses to complete the AZ-203: Microsoft Azure Developer Associate Certification Track:
AZ-203T01: Develop Azure Infrastructure as a Service compute solutions
AZ-203T02: Develop Azure Platform as a Service compute solutions
AZ-203T03: Develop for Azure storage
AZ-203T04: Implement Azure security
AZ-203T05: Monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize Azure solutions
AZ-203T06: Connect to and consume Azure, and third-party, services
Required Exam to become a Microsoft Azure Developer Associate:
Exam AZ-203: Microsoft Azure Developer Associate
Redeeming your Microsoft Software Assurance Training Vouchers:
- 5-Day SATV for a Classroom Live course
- 5-Day SATV for a Virtual Classroom Live course