In this course students will gain the knowledge and skills needed to leverage Azure storage services and features in their development solutions. It covers Azure Table storage, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Blob, and developing against relational databases in Azure.
This course is part of the Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate Certification Track.
Key Learning Areas
- Develop solutions that use Azure Table storage
- Develop solutions that use Azure Cosmos DB storage
- Develop solutions that use a relational database
- Develop solutions that use Microsoft Azure Blob storage
Module 1: Develop solutions that use Azure Table storage
Azure Table storage is a service that stores structured NoSQL data in the cloud, providing a key/attribute store with a schemaless design. Because Table storage is schemaless, it's easy to adapt your data as the needs of your application evolve.
- Azure Table storage overview
- Authorization in Table storage
- Table service REST API
- Understand the features and uses of Azure Table storage
- Know how to utilize Shared Key authorization
- Know how to use the Azure Table storage REST service to manage data
Module 2: Develop solutions that use Azure Cosmos DB storage
This module covers Azure Cosmos DB storage. It instructs students on how it works, how to manage containers and items, and create and update documents by using code.
- Azure Cosmos DB overview
- Managing containers and items
- Create and update documents by using code
- Understand core features and functionality of Azure Cosmos DB
- Be able to manage containers and items
- Be able to create and update documents
Module 3: Develop solutions that use a relational database
SQL Database is a general-purpose relational database managed service in Microsoft Azure that supports structures such as relational data, JSON, spatial, and XML.
- Azure SQL overview
- Create, read, update, and delete database tables by using code
- Know how the Azure SQL Database service works
- Be able to perform database operations by using code
Module 4: Develop solutions that use Microsoft Azure Blob storage
Azure Blob storage is Microsoft's object storage solution for the cloud. Blob storage is optimized for storing massive amounts of unstructured data. Unstructured data is data that does not adhere to a particular data model or definition, such as text or binary data.
- Azure Blob storage overview
- Working with Azure Blob storage
- Understand when and why to use Azure Blob storage
- Know how to set and retrieve Blob storage properties and metadata
- Know how to replicate and copy Blobs
Students in this course are interested in Azure development or in passing the Microsoft Azure Developer Associate certification exam.
- Students should have 1-2 years experience as a developer. This course assumes students know how to code and have a fundamental knowledge of Azure.
- It is recommended that students have some experience with PowerShell or Azure CLI, working in the Azure portal, and with at least one Azure-supported programming language. Most of the examples in this course are presented in C\# .NET.