It goes by a lot of names and a lot of acronyms and is clouded in mystery and seemingly unapproachable concepts. The point of all of it in a business sense is actually extremely clear:
- How can we better anticipate and serve the needs of our customers?
- How can we maximize our data and convert it into competitive advantage?
- How can we convert our data into profits?
This course consists of a series of curricula designed for all roles of modern Data Science - the executive management, the business analyst, the architect, the developer, the administrator. In the overviews we discuss some of the key concepts and key technological drivers in the Big Data space today and how they interact, discuss high-level architectural issues and deployment strategies. The curricula are technically oriented but are also delivered from a perspective of delivering maximum business value and is accessible to technologically aware business strategists and analysts.
Key Learning Areas
- Gain an overview of the Big Data landscape of today.
- Learn how Big Data applies to the various roles in an Enterprise, such as Administrators, Developers, Business Analysts, and Executive Management.
- Understand the background concepts of modern Data Science in order to understand the evolution to “Big Data.”
- Data Science Overview
- Statistics, Probability, and Bistromathematics
- Service and Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
- Data Modeling
- Grid Design Fundamentals
- Hadoop Cluster Administration and Tuning
- Drools Cluster Administration and Tuning
- Storm Cluster Administration and Tuning
- Lambda Architecture with Drools and Enterprise Integration Patterns Administration and Tuning
- Map/Reduce with Hadoop for Developers
- Developing with Mahout
- Developing with Apache Storm
- Developing Business Rule-Oriented Systems with Drools
- Developing for Lambda Architectures
- R for Business Analysts
- Creating Business Rule Systems and Processes with Drools
- Predictive Analytics with Hadoop, R, and Drool-based Subsystems
- Driving Business Value from Data Science and Predictive Analytics
- Managing Data Science Teams and Infrastructure
Developers, Administrators, Business Analysts, and Executive Management.
Understanding of general IT principles.