Building Business Solutions with Power Apps and Flow is an intensive 3-day training class designed for people who have already attended the Microsoft App-in-a-Day (AIID) training and are ready to move their PowerApps and Flow skills to the next level. Students will learn best practices for building canvas apps and flows to update and manage content in Azure SQL, SharePoint Online, Excel workbooks and OneDrive for Business.
After providing a foundation for building canvas apps and flows, this course teaches students how to build business solutions with the Common Data Service for Apps (CDSA) by creating custom entities and model-driven apps. The class also examines advanced techniques required in real-word PowerApps scenarios such as creating custom connectors and conducting application lifecycle management (ALM) using managed solutions and multiple environments for development, UAT and production.
- Getting Started with the Power Platform
- Building Data-driven Canvas Apps
- Building a Canvas App with a Shopping Cart
- Getting Started with Microsoft Flow
- Building Flows to Manage Content and Approvals
- Getting Started with the Common Data Service
- Building Model-driven Apps
- Integrating PowerApps with Power BI
- Integrating PowerApps with External Systems
- PowerApps ALM using Managed Solutions
- Business Users
- IT Pros & Administrators
- Technical Specialists
All students will require a Windows PC for lab exercises running Windows 10 or Windows 8.1. Students should already be familiar with Microsoft Excel, Office 365 and SharePoint Online. Due to the accelerated nature of this training class, it is also recommended that students attend Microsoft's App-in-a-day training before taking this class or have the equivalent hands-on experience with PowerApps and Flow.