In this hands-on workshop, you’ll cover a series of modules that guide you from understanding an analytics workload, using the Team Data Science Process, the Microsoft's Business Analytics and AI Stack, the foundations of data transfer and storage, data source documentation, storage and analytics processing using various tools in a comprehensive solution.
Key Learning Areas
You’ll learn how to work through a real-world scenario using the Cortana Intelligence Suite tools, including the Microsoft Azure Portal, PowerShell, and Visual Studio, among others. You'll learn how to leverage the Cortana Intelligence Solution Portal to rapidly deploy a pre-configured solution, and you'll learn how to modify a solution for a real-world implementation.
This course is designed to take approximately one to two days, depending on what is covered and how many of the labs are done in-class. The longer course is marked (Extended Class). All materials are provided regardless of the length of the course.
- Setup and Environment - Understanding the Azure Platform, DevOps for Data Science, and Toolkits
- Business Understanding - Defining objectives, data source vetting, creating design document, creating decision matrix, selecting solution elements, data flow
- Data Acquisition and Understanding - Ingest data, explore data, update data
- Modeling - Feature Selection, Create, and train model
- Deployment - Operationalize
- Customer Acceptance - Testing and validation, Handoff, Re-train, and re-score
- There are a few things you will need in order to properly follow the course materials:
- A subscription to Microsoft Azure (this may be provided through your company or as part of your invitation – you must have this enabled prior to class – you will be using Azure throughout the course, for all labs, work and exercises). You can use your MSDN subscription – https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/memberoffers/msdn-benefits/, your employer may provide Azure resources to you, but make sure you check to see if you can deploy assets and that they know you’ll be using their subscription in the class.
- A laptop capable of using the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) - all lab work will be done on the Microsoft Azure Windows Data Science Machine.