Day of Building Business Solutions with PowerApps is an accelerated one-day training class designed to get you up and running with PowerApps Studio and with building canvas apps to access common data sources such as Azure SQL Server and SharePoint Online. In the lectures, you will learn to use best practices in PowerApps screen design such as grouping controls and using standard naming conventions to improve app maintainability. You will learn how to work with template galleries and edit forms as well as how to build efficient canvas apps which delegate the work of filtering and sorting to the backend data source.
Along the way, you will learn how to design real-world canvas apps using collections, global variables and context variables. The final lecture of the day introduces students to the Common Data Service for Apps and building model-driven apps.This training course provides you with hands-on lab exercises to reinforce the PowerApps concepts and techniques taught in the lecture. In the labs, you will set up your own isolated PowerApps environment for building canvas apps and model-driven apps. You will build several canvas apps in lab exercises during the day in class. The course also provides additional lab exercises after class for your continued learning. When the course is over, you will be provided with access to a recording of the class so you can review the lectures and the instructor demonstrations as often as you like.
- Building Canvas Apps with PowerApps Studio
- Using Standard Guidelines, Grouping and Naming Conventions
- Understanding PowerApps Datasource Delegation
- Data Binding with Galleries and Forms
- Building Data Entry Screens using Edit Forms
- Tracking Application State using Variables and Collections
- Building a Canvas App with a Shopping Cart
- Getting Started with the Common Data Service for Apps
- Creating Custom CDS Entities
- Building Model-driven Apps
Students will require a Windows PC for lab exercises running Windows 10 or Windows 8.1