Day of Developing with Power BI Embedding is an accelerated one-day training class designed to teach experienced developers how to embed Power BI reports and dashboard into their custom applications. This workshop uses a classroom training format which includes lectures, instructor demos and hands-on lab exercises. By completing the lab exercises in this training class, students will gain hands-on experience working with Power BI embedding in common development scenarios including developing ASP.NET MVC applications in Visual Studio and developing single page applications (SPAs) created with React.js, Node.js and Visual Studio Code.
This training course provides you with hands-on lab exercises to reinforce the Power BI development concepts and techniques taught in the lecture. The lab exercises will guide you through setting up your own isolated Power BI development environment. During the course, you will complete lab exercises in which you build and test custom applications that use the Power BI Service API and Power BI embedding in a wide variety of scenarios. Students will be introduced to working with the new Azure Active Directory V2 endpoint and the Microsoft Authentication Library (MSAL). The course also provides additional lab exercises for your continued learning after class. When the course is over, you will be provided with access to a recording of the class so you can review the lectures and the instructor demonstrations as often as you like.
- Using PowerShell to Create and Manage App Workspaces
- Understanding App-Owns-Data vs User-Owns-Data
- Authenticating Your Applications using Azure AD
- Developing for App-Owns-Data using App-only Authentication
- Programming the Power BI Service API
- Writing Code to Clone Workspace Content
- Embedding Power BI Reports and Dashboards
- Securing Power BI Embedded Solutions using Row Level Security
- Developing SPAs using React.js and Power BI Embedding