Day of Developing with the SharePoint Framework is an accelerated one-day training class designed to teach SharePoint developers how to leverage the SharePoint Framework (SPFx) to develop web parts and application extensions for SharePoint Online using modern developer tools and today’s best practice techniques. This course provides deep coverage of the SharePoint Framework, but it first spends the time to teach the prerequisites including TypeScript, Node.js, NPM, Gulp, Webpack, Visual Studio Code and the ever-popular React.js library. This course is well suited for experienced SharePoint developers looking to move beyond legacy development models such as SharePoint Farm Solutions and SharePoint Add-ins to embrace the brave new world of SPFx.
This training course provides you with hands-on lab exercises to reinforce the SPFx concepts and techniques taught in the lecture. The lab exercises will guide you through setting up your own isolated SPFx development environment for building and testing SPFx web parts and application extensions. The course also provides additional lab exercises after class for your continued learning. When the course is over, you will be provided with access to a recording of the class so you can review the lectures and the instructor demonstrations as often as you like.
- Setting Up an SPFx Development Environment
- Developing TypeScript with Interface-based Programming
- Getting Started Node.js and Visual Studio Code
- Creating SPFX Projects using the Yeoman Generator
- Testing & Debugging SPFx Webparts in SharePoint Workbench
- Managing Styles using SCSS Files and CSS Modules
- Developing Client-side Web Part with Custom Properties
- Developing Application Extensions
- Getting Started with React.js
- Designing and Developing React Web Parts
- Programming the Microsoft Graph using MSGraphClient
- Packaging and Deploying SPFX Solutions