Day Of Getting Started with Power Automate is an accelerated one-day training class designed to introduce you the fundamental concepts of Microsoft Flow and to get you started building and testing flows in the Microsoft Flow designer. You will learn how flow triggers are used to build flows that can be scheduled, executed in response to external events or run on demand using a button on a mobile device. The course also teaches you how to use the Start an approval action to build flows to replace SharePoint Designer workflows.
This course dives into essential Microsoft Flow topics such as writing advanced expressions in Workflow Definition Language (WDL) to retrieve dynamic content, to perform type conversion and to design flows using loops, variables, arrays and custom objects. Along the way, you will learn to build flows that update, manage and transform content between common file formats such as JSON, XML, HTML and CSV. You will also learn to build flows that automate the generation of Word documents and PDF files using the using the Word Online connector. The class ends with an examination of how to integrate Microsoft Flow with external systems using the HTTP connector and custom connectors
- Building Flows using Triggers and Actions
- Using Control-of-Flow Actions
- Writing Advanced Flow Expressions
- Using Flows to Automate Approval Processes
- Executing a Flow from a Canvas App
- Handling Flow Execution Errors
- Reading and Writing SharePoint List Content
- Uploading Documents, Images and Photos
- Using Flow to Generate Word Documents and PDF Files
- Using the HTTP connector and custom connectors
Students will require a Windows PC for lab exercises running Windows 10 or Windows 8.1.