Introduction to Azure for Developers offers attendees the opportunity to take an existing ASP.NET MVC application and expand its functionality as part of moving it to Azure. This course focuses on developing in Azure using Storage, Cloud Services, Service Bus, Active Directory, WebSites, and SQL among other features. This course also focuses on using the provided .NET SDKs, REST APIs, configuration and deployment options related to Azure.
Key Learning Areas
- Describe Azure and the capabilities that it provides to application developers. Attendees will also be able to use the Management Portal to effectively navigate the Azure platform and their deployed applications.
- Use the Management Portal to create, modify, scale and dispose of Azure services. The attendees will also use alternative (PowerShell, REST) methods for managing Azure services.
- Create and host a simple website using Azure Websites. Attendees will learn how to monitor and manage the website using the Management Portal.
- Build a modular web application and host it using Azure Cloud Service Web Roles.
- Utilize Cloud Service Worker Roles to process data in the background. Attendees will also be able to use Cloud Service Cache Roles to store data in the cache.
- Use Azure SQL to store and retrieve data.
- Store data in Azure Table Storage.
- Store and access multimedia files in Azure using Blob Storage.
- Apply Azure Queue Storage to queue data for asynchronous processing. Attendees will also learn how to use Azure Service Bus Queues for queuing data.
- Use the Azure Service Bus Relay to connect on-premise services with client applications.
- Work with Azure Service Bus Notification Hubs to publish messages to client applications.
- Use Azure Active Directory to implement security in a Cloud web application.
- Deploy web applications to Azure by using WebDeploy and Service Packages.
- Use Azure Mobile Services to provide a scalable and secure web service for mobile applications.
- Overview of Azure
- Creating and Managing Services in Azure
- Managing Infrastructure in Azure
- Creating Web Sites using Azure
- Creating Modular Web Applications using Azure
- Processing Background Logic using Azure
- Storing SQL Data in Azure
- Storing Non-Relational Data in Azure
- Storing Files and Media in Azure
- Storing Data in Queues using Azure
- Relaying Web Services using Azure
- Asynchronously Notifying Applications using Azure
- Implementing Security in Web Applications using Azure
- Deploying Web Applications to Azure
- Developing Mobile Services using Azure
The developers targeted by this training are web application developers who have 6-12 months of web development experience using ASP.NET and C#. Said developers are interested in deploying their ASP.NET applications to Azure, integrating the applications with the Azure services and using best practices to build a highly scalable application.
This course is intended for attendees who have the following experience:
- 6-12 months experience developing ASP.NET Web applications using C#
Before attending this course, attendees should have a basic understanding in the following areas:
- ASP.NET web application development
- C# application development
- Resources used with enterprise web application development
- Relational databases (SQL)
- WCF services