This C++ training is a whirlwind introduction to C and C++. It offers programmers an opportunity to learn and use the most essential components of both languages in one fast-paced, integrated week of hands-on training.
This instructor-led course begins by introducing the built-in data types, fundamental control structures, and rich expression operator repertoire common to both C and C++. The second half of the course integrates the object-oriented features of C++ onto the basic framework of the Standard C foundation. An introduction to the use of templates and the Standard Template Library is presented en passant.
While this course gives an excellent introduction to the core features of C and C++, it omits certain advanced and specialized topics, including file I/O and bit-level operations.
Key Learning Areas
- Learn the fundamental syntax shared between C and C++, including: pointers, expressions, statements and control structure; declaration and definition of built-in and user-defined data types and variables; arithmetic and logical operations.
- Become familiar with the foundations of Object-Oriented Programming: abstraction, encapsulation, inheritance, and polymorphism.
- Learn how use C++ support for object-oriented programming, including: class declarations, constructors, inheritance, operator and function overloading, virtual functions and abstract classes.
- Get an introduction to the ground-breaking Standard Template Library (or STL), a major recent addition to the C++ language in support of generic programming.
- Overloaded Function
- Header File
- Object I/O
- How to Add an Attribute to a Class
- 1-1 Association
- 1-Optional Association
- 1-Many Association
- Abstract Class
- Overloaded Operator
- File I/O
Experienced high-level language programmers with little or no C background who are seeking a fast-track introduction to C++.
One year of programming experience using a modern programming language