Introduction to Python Programming is a hands-on Python programming course that teaches students the essentials of Python scripting to about an intermediate level. Students will leave this class armed with the core skills required to write basic Python programs dealing with sequences and mappings, program flow control, system calls and file manipulation. The course provides insight to the latest features of Python that make it an excellent choice for projects of virtually any size.
Note: In order to provide the broadest range of courses and class dates for this class, this course may be taught by either Wintellect or one of our training Partners.
Key Learning Areas
- Understand the uses for Python in software development, testing and systems administration environments
- Learn to develop Python applications for a variety of uses
- Packaging and distribution of Python applications and modules
- Communicating with a SQL database using Python
- Use Python for developing automated test scripts
- Python Overview and History
- Language Basics
- Complex Types and Operators
- Statements and Control Structures
- Classes and Objects
- Advanced Classes
- DB API
This in an introductory-level Python programming course geared for Web and Software Developers, Systems Administrators, and Quality Assurance personnel, as well as anyone else who wants to automate or simplify common tasks with the use of Python scripts.
Students should have basic development experience in any programming language, along with a working, user-level knowledge of Unix/Linux, Mac, or Windows.