Introduction to Ruby Programing is a three day, lab intensive course that explores the fundamental components of the Ruby Programming Language. Emphasis is placed on the object oriented aspects of Ruby. Topics include arrays, hashes, regular expressions, io, exceptions, modules, and applications areas such as CGI, client/server, and network programming.
This course can be customized to target your teams specific goals and areas of interest.
Key Learning Areas
- Distinguish and use various Ruby datatypes
- Master the use of arrays and hashes
- Build home grown classes
- Use the extensive pre bundled classes
- Use the I/O facilities of Ruby to read and
- write binary and text files
- Master the use of Iterators to loop through various data structures
- Use Exceptions in handling various run time errors
- Create Ruby modules
- Use the wide variety of Ruby Modules that come with the Ruby distribution
- Use Ruby to write CGI programs
- Write client/server apps using Ruby
- Write Graphical User Interfaces in Ruby
- An Overview of Ruby (Part 1)
- An Overview of Ruby (Part 2)
- Input and Output
- Odds and Ends
This course is intended primarily for those who have programmed in other programming languages such as, but not limited to, C, C++, Java, or Perl
Students should have taken the Software Development for Non-Programmers course or have at least six months of programming experience in at least one programming language.