Students who attend Mastering JEE Web Application Development will leave the course armed with the required skills to design and build scalable, secure, maintainable web applications - leveraging our extensive experience in the delivery of scalable enterprise applications with complex web interfaces based on JEE technologies.
Throughout this training, you will be confronted with common web application design problems and given the tools you will need to solve them, such as JEE design patterns. You will also be exposed to a range of JEE and web technologies such as Servlets, JSPs, EJBs, JNDI, XML, and advice on when and how to use them.
Students will also learn about the capabilities of servlets, their advantages, servlet architecture, and session management. Developers will also learn about JSP syntax, deployment, and application models, how to use Java as a scripting language, how to use custom tags, and how to build robust and capable web applications using Servlets and JSP.
The course begins with a discussion of web application architecture. A major part of the course is spent on Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP). It then covers interacting databases using JDBC, Java’s database access technology. The course includes an introduction to Web Services. The course concludes with an examination of JEE and web application security providing students with an understanding of the importance of defensive coding practices. Throughout the course, students will create code for an online store. Students will learn not only specific topics and APIs but also how to fit the pieces together into a complete application.
Key Learning Areas
- Design and build web applications from both business and technical requirements
- Build web interfaces with JSPs and Servlets, using the latest technologies in JEE.
- Write maintainable web applications that separate HTML and Java
- Understand the design and development of web applications using Servlets and JSPs
- Work JEE’s version of dependency injection
- Make Servlets cooperate and share data
- Store and process session information
- Deal with concurrency issues
- Understand and create JavaServer Pages (JSPs)
- Link Servlets and JSPs
- Use the built in JSP objects
- Embed JavaBeans in a JSP
- Use JavaBeans in a JSP
- Use servlets and JSP together
- Access databases with JDBC
- Understand and work with JEE persistence options, including JPA
- Work with annotations included in JEE
- Expose web components as web services
- Recognize basic web security vulnerabilities and implement effective defenses
- JEE Application Architecture
- JDBC (Java Database Connectivity)
- Java Server Pages (JSP), EL, and JSTL
- JavaServer Faces
- EJB3 and Persistence
- Web Services
- JEE Security
- Web Application Security
Mastering JEE Web Application Development is a five-day hands-on JEE/Java EE training course geared for experienced Java developers new to JEE, who need to get up and running with essential dynamic web development skills. Created in collaboration with several leading JEE / Java EE s authors and industry experts, this comprehensive course teaches students how to design and program servlets and JSPs, including all the important concepts and hands on labs that will have you building working server-side applications in no time flat. This course provides core JEE knowledge and skills that can be used as the foundation for developing production-quality web applications to a basic level.
This is an intermediate level Java EE (JEE) developer course, designed for experienced Java developers, new to JEE, that need to further extend their skills in web development and Struts. Attendees should have an extensive working knowledge in developing basic Java applications.