Mastering SQL Server 2016 Business Intelligence provides the definitive hands-on training for professionals to master crucial SQL Server Business Intelligence fundamentals using top industry practices from an expert who knows SQL Server and Business Intelligence intimately. Learn to create reports, cubes, and ETL packages for maximum database performance, re-usability, and extensive modularity. Find out about innovative BI techniques enabled by SQL Server 2016 and Visual Studio.
Key Learning Areas
- Full comprehension of the architecture of SQL Server Business Intelligence Stack
- Detailed understanding of SQL Server Reporting Services
- Effective techniques on how to create and manage ETL and SQL Server Integration Services
- Skills to conquer the new features like the SQL Server Analysis Services Tabular Data Model and DAX
- In-depth analysis of SQL Server Analysis Services Cube Design
- Idea of how to take advantage of new SQL Server features like In-Memory data structures, Power BI, Power Query, and mobile reporting
- How can I utilize a star schema to make reporting lightning fast?
- What the key ways to write ETL using SQL Server Integration Services for the fastest processing time
- When do PowerPivot capabilities outperform SQL Server Analysis Services
- How can SQL Server Analysis Services scale to meet the demanding needs of business users
- When should you use MDX and when should you use DAX
- How to get the maximum benefit out of Microsoft Excel
- Come and learn how to utilize SQL Server to the max!
- Proper Data Mart Design
- Introduction to SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Advanced SSIS
- Temporal Tables
- Advanced Dimensional Population (Change Tracking, CDC, and SCDs)
- Introduction to SQL Server Reporting Services
- Intermediate Reporting – SQL Server Reporting Services
- Mobile SQL Server Reporting Services
- SQL Server Analysis Service Tabular Data Model
- Table Partitioning
- Advanced DAX Techniques
- In-Memory Tables and Database Capabilities
- Power BI
- Excel for Analytics
- Machine Learning with the Microsoft BI Stack
- Row Level Security
Learn T-SQL best practices, performance tuning and SQL Server engine internals with hands-on exercises. Understand how to work with geospatial, JSON, .NET, and Filestream data efficiently. Understand how to solve problems and appropriate use new features of SQL Server 2016.
Student who attend Mastering SQL Server 2016 Business Intelligence should be familiar with basic programming techniques.