ASP.NET was founded on the premise of an easy to use, server side Web Forms engine. Since its inception, Web Form developers have utilized ASP.NET to build countless, robust, enterprise-scale applications with this well-established framework.
With ASP.NET 4.5, Microsoft reinvents the Web Form concept and adds features that will truly change how you write your Web Form applications, with numerous productivity and development enhancements. There are also new services like web sockets, better tooling in Visual Studio, and substantial changes to the core ASP.NET libraries. This course is packed with information that ensures your developer team understands the updates and is ready to integrate the new features in your next product release.
Key Learning Areas
- Discover the many enhancement to the Web Form tools.
- Investigate the new data tools available.
- Learn how Model Binding and input validation with Data-Annotations simplify data access.
- Find out how HTML 5 enhances Web Form UI.
- See the improved debugging tools available in Page Inspector and Browser Link.
- Explore the latest web developer tools available in Visual Studio.
- Using Async and Await effectively.
- Learn how Bundling and Minification increase performance and lower bandwidth usage.
- Create real-time bi-directional web communication with WebSockets and SignalR.
- Extensive set of hands-on labs included each day to ensure comprehension of ASP.NET concepts.
- Upgrading WebForms Projects
- HTML 5
- Web Form Improvements
- Visual Studio IDE and Tooling Enhancements
- Debugging Tools
- .NET 4.5 Enhancements
- Async Improvements
- Real-time web bi-directional communications with WebSockets
- Bundling and Minification
Experienced ASP.NET Web Form developers should take this course to learn the new tools and features added to ASP.NET 4.5.
The expected audience for this course is development teams interested in learning the new features in ASP.NET. Students who attend the course should be familiar with ASP.NET Web Forms, and a managed programming language like C# or VB.NET. Knowledge of HTML and CSS is helpful.