When object oriented development was new, developers and architects making the transition from procedural programming to object oriented languages needed to know more than just the new syntax of the language. Procedural developers often did not take advantage of the functionality offered through object orientation. Likewise, taking full advantage of the features in WCF requires an understanding of service orientation coupled with a solid understanding of the fundamentals of WCF. Mastering Windows Communication Foundation immerses attendees in the Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) paradigm, WCF Architecture, and the new WCF programming model.
Key Learning Areas
- See the design of robust and scalable architectures
- Learn how to handle errors, maintain, and monitor WCF applications
- Conquer reliable messaging and security
- Practical Service Orientation
- WCF Architecture from the Bottom Up
- Understanding Addresses, Bindings, and Contracts
- Service Hosting
- Error Handling
- REST and SOAP
- Maintaining, Monitoring, and Debugging WCF Applications
- Receive-side Object Lifetimes and Sessions
- Reliable Messaging
- Extending Proxies and Dispatchers
- Asynchronous Messaging Operations
Mastering Windows Communication Foundation immerses attendees in the Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) paradigm, WCF Architecture, and the new WCF programming model.
People who attend Mastering Windows Communication Foundation 4.0 should know how to use Visual Studio 2010 or later, the .NET Framework, and the C# programming language.