XAML is the primary UI language used by several Microsoft platforms, including Windows, Windows Phone, Silverlight, and WPF. Learning XAML is an important first step on the road to learning to write applications for any of these platforms, and mastering it is the key to building great user experiences for apps that run on Windows-based devices.
Mastering XAML provides developers with the knowledge and skills they need to leverage XAML to its fullest, whether the goal is to write Windows Store apps, Windows Phone apps, universal Windows apps, or other XAML apps. It includes in-depth coverage of data binding and data templating, and it goes deeply into the features of XAML used to build cutting-edge apps, including control templates, custom controls, and the Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) pattern. The course comes with more than 40 MB of sample code demonstrating key aspects of XAML programming as well as best practices.
Key Learning Areas
- Understand XAML syntax, layout, and UI elements
- Understand XAML styles and resources
- Understand XAML transforms and animations
- Understand how XAML controls are architected, how to customize controls using control templates, and how to perform advanced customizations with VisualTreeHelper
- Understand how data binding works in XAML and the role it plays in real-world apps
- Understand MVVM and learn how it’s used in contemporary XAML-based applications
- Understand how to build custom XAML controls and why you would want to do so
- Fundamentals of XAML
- Controls and Templates
- XAML Data Binding
- Custom Controls
Mastering XAML will get you up to speed on XAML quickly and efficiently and prepare you to build user experiences for Windows Store apps, Windows Phone apps, and apps for other platforms that use XAML to express their UIs.
The expected audience for this course is developers who are familiar with C#. Previous experience with WPF, Silverlight, or other XAML platforms is not required.