Content is the most critical digital asset for every organization. In this course you will learn how to plan, configure, and manage SharePoint Site Collection and OneDrive for Business to enable modern content services which transform the content lifecycle. Specifically, this course discusses the modern SharePoint site structure, such as SharePoint hub sites. It provides best practices for the adoption and deployment of OneDrive for Business within your organization. It also covers sharing, security, and monitoring in SharePoint Online and OneDrive for business. Students will learn how to manage user profiles and apps with proper permission settings. We will also discuss how to plan and configure Managed Metadata, Business Connectivity Services, and search allowing content to be found, consumed, and governed across Office 365.
- Course MS-300T01: Managing Office 365 Content Services
- Course MS-300T02: Managing SharePoint Online
- Course MS-300T03: Enabling Microsoft Teams for Collaboration
- Course MS-300T04: Enabling Office 365 Workloads for Collaboration
Key Learning Areas
- Configure SharePoint Site Collections
- Manage site collection storage limits
- Deploy OneDrive for Business sync client
- Use Group Policy to control OneDrive sync client settings
- Manage external sharing for data in SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business
- Describe how to configure user profile properties
- Describe how to manage audiences
- Describe how to use the App Catalog to make custom apps
- Create and manage term groups, term sets, and terms
- Describe the difference between modern and classic search experiences
- Configure and Manage OneDrive for Business
- Sharing, Security, and Monitoring in SharePoint and OneDrive
- Plan and Configure SharePoint Site Collection
- Plan and Configure Managed Metadata and Business Connectivity
- Plan and Configure Search
- Manage User Profiles and Apps
Plan and Configure SharePoint Site Collection
This module is all about planning, configuring, and managing SharePoint site collections. It discusses how SharePoint administrators use SharePoint Admin Center to manage the lifecycle of site collections in your organization.
- SharePoint Online Overview
- Configure site collection
- Manage site collection
Configure and Manage OneDrive for Business
This module explains how to plan the deployment of OneDrive for Business. It discusses different approaches to deploy OneDrive for Business based on different scenarios. It also introduces the capabilities to manage content in OneDrive for Business.
- OneDrive for Business Overview
- Deploy OneDrive for Business
- Manage OneDrive for Business
Sharing, Security, and Monitoring in SharePoint and OneDrive
This module is focused on sharing, security, and monitoring in SharePoint and OneDrive. Specifically, we discuss planning and managing external sharing as well as access control in SharePoint and OneDrive. It also discusses how to use Office 365 Admin Center to monitor the activities in SharePoint online and OneDrive for Business.
- Manage sharing in SharePoint and OneDrive
- Manage security in SharePoint and OneDrive
- Monitor SharePoint and OneDrive
Manage User Profiles and Apps
This module is about user profile and customization in SharePoint Online. It discusses manage User Profiles in SharePoint Online. It also describes how to use the App Catalog to make custom business apps available for your SharePoint Online.
- Manage User Profiles
- Plan and configure customizations and apps
Plan and Configure Managed Metadata and Business Connectivity
This module is about the Managed Metadata and Business Connectivity Services. It introduces the concepts of managed metadata as well as the process to import term sets. It also describes how to manage Business Connectivity Services and create external list.
- Plan and configure Managed Metadata
- Plan and configure Business Connectivity Services (BCS) and Secure
Plan and Configure Search
This module is about enterprise search service application. It provides details on planning and configuring content sources, crawl schedules, and crawl rules. It also discusses how to provision search management of a range of search components, such as Query Rules, Result Types and Display Templates.
- Overview of search in SharePoint Online
- Manage search
This course is for the Microsoft 365 teamwork administrator.
Learners should start this course already having the following skills:
- Experience with Windows PowerShell
- Basic understanding of Active Directory and Azure AD
- Basic understanding of mobile device management, and alternative operating systems (Android and macOS)