Tableau Server Administration is a two-day, fast paced hands-on course that provides in-depth coverage of Tableau Server administration. The knowledge and skills acquired are best geared toward those who will be administering a Tableau Server installation, including managing content, users, and permissions.
This is an introductory level Tableau course geared for attendees new to using the tool, or for those who want a refresher of the basics or newer features.
NOTE: The Tableau Training Series is independent-format training that can be tuned and adjusted to best meet your needs. Our materials are flexible, comprehensive, and are always instructed by a senior instructor with a deep understanding of Tableau and its most current features, benefits and functionality in a wide array of uses. This is not Official Tableau Training.
Key Learning Areas
- User interactions with Tableau Server
- Tableau Server components
- Single-server installation
- Content administration
- Authorization and permissions
- Users, groups, and sites
- Data sources and extracts
- Schedules, tasks, and subscriptions
- Monitoring server status
- Command-line utilities and REST API
- Upgrading a single-server installation to a new version
- Modifying the authentication method
- Tableau Server Overview
- Tableau Server Architecture
- Single Server Installation
- User Experience
- Authorization and Permissions
- Data Sources, Extracts, Schedules, and Subscriptions
- Data Source
- Automating Server Tasks
- Monitoring Server
- Upgrading Tableau Server
- Log Files Administration
- Data Security
Users new to Tableau who will be administering a Tableau Server installation, including managing content, users, and permissions.
Ideal attendees would be beginner Tableau users who want to quickly get up to speed with intermediate level Tableau features and functions.
Individuals working with data-regardless of technical or analytical background are a fit for this course.