Microsoft has dropped Visual Studio 2015 Update 1 less than two weeks after it was announced during the Connect() conference. Included in this release are new features such as support for Android Marshmallow and iOS 9 in Apache Cordova apps, new Universal Windows apps tooling, ASP.NET RC1, and the latest .NET framework (4.6.1).
This release features hundreds of bug fixes as well as the following new features.
- Visual Studio Tools for Apache Cordova – support for Android Marshmallow and iOS 9, new Azure AD authentication. There’s also a new location for samples and reference material at http://taco.visualstudio.com.
- Visual Studio Tools for Universal Windows Apps – Updated tooling for targeting the November Windows 10 release (1511) as well as improvements to XAML designer, manifest designer, and debugging.
- Visual C# – The C# Interactive Windows is back along with a scripting execution tool called csi.exe.
- Visual C++ – Edit and Continue for /BigObj
- Debugging and Diagnostics – Go To Implementation added to quickly move from interface to concrete implementations, Code Analysis enhancements, and improved filtering and search in diagnostic windows.
- .NET Framework 4.6.1 – Updates to the latest .NET Framework including numerous bug fixes.
- ASP.NET 5 RC1 – Latest version of the ASP.NET stack that can run in any platform including Bower support and a cleaner ASP.NET Solution folder.
- TypeScript – ES6 support including Generators and Class expressions.
To learn more about this update and get the bits yourself, visit the Visual Studio News page.